Motorcycle accidents are a growing concern among motorcyclists. For the majority, motorcycle accidents arise from crashes with automobiles. Such accidents can cause great harm, and victims often sustain severe injuries, which can place substantial financial burdens on themselves and their loved ones. There is a growing need to protect motorcyclists from accidents on the road.
A motorcycle accident that occurs due to someone else's negligence is the basis of a personal injury claim. Essentially, this means that if you or your loved one sustain an injury due to a motorcycle accident, you deserve compensation to cover your medical treatment, pain and suffering, physical impairment, lost wages, and any other losses that you may incur as you recover from the injuries.
Here's what you need to know about motorcycle accidents and how a personal injury attorney in Denver at the Max law firm can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Facts About Motorcycle Accidents in Denver
The number of motorcycle accidents in Denver is on the rise. A recent publication by the Insurance Information Institute suggests that approximately 5,286 people succumbed to motorcycle-related accidents in 2015. The same publication further suggested that motorcyclists were more likely to die in a collision than the occupants of a passenger vehicle.
In addition, further research suggests that helmet use has decreased, thus heightening the risk of serious injury from motorcycle-related accidents. Most of these accidents seem to occur on weekends rather than on weekdays.
A publication by Forbes apportioned the blame to distracted driving. Many of these accidents occur because the drivers become preoccupied with other things. They fail to carefully watch the road for motorcyclists who are already more difficult to see than other types of vehicles. Texting while driving is a common distraction that leads to traffic crashes including serious motorcycle collisions. Because of Colorado's embrace of marijuana legalization, police are reporting more cases of driving while high in addition to driving under the influence of alcohol.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Denver, Colorado
The increasing use of motorcycles in Denver has led to motorcycle-related injuries being a common occurrence. Some of the factors which generally cause motorcycle accidents in Denver include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Failure to abide by traffic rules
- Rear-end collision
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving while high
When motorcycle accidents occur, most of these victims sustain serious injuries, which may affect them physically and mentally. Wearing a helmet might help, but it often won't provide sufficient protection against the most serious types of injuries, damages, and losses.
Common Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
The size of the motorcycle often makes it difficult for drivers to see them on the road. Also, poor visibility during harsh weather conditions heightens the risks of motorcycle accidents in Denver. As such, when accidents happen, motorcycle riders can sustain severe injuries that can take many months or years to heal.
Some of the common motorcycle accident injuries in Denver include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
These types of injuries require prompt medical attention. Although this is a crucial step, victims of motorcycle accidents often grapple with the problem of juggling between their medical needs and the claim process. For those who have suffered mild traumatic brain injuries or worse, navigating through the confusing claim process can be very difficult to manage. If you have surgeries, mobility issues, medications, and a long recovery process, it helps to have a powerful advocate in your corner fighting the insurance company to recover the compensation you deserve.
For this reason, our clients appreciate the hard work we put into their cases to fight for full compensation while they focus on their recovery.
How Do Insurance Companies Handle Motorcycle Accident Claims in Denver?
An insurance company is one of the primary parties involved in any compensation claim in Denver. They play a crucial role in determining whether a victim is eligible for compensation, and they also determine the amount of compensation payable to the same victim. How much they will compensate often depends on the quality of the advocacy and the preparation of the case.
It is important to remember that the insurance companies don't have your best interest at heart. Instead, they are out to ensure they make maximum profit. And to achieve this, they may dispute your claim or fail to pay the full amount you deserve.
The insurance company may strategically induce you to sign documents or convince you to agree to a low-ball settlement amount that doesn't reflect the true value of your claim. Ultimately, such strategies may harm your ability to make a full and fair recovery.
It is essential to have a motorcycle accident attorney in Denver. An attorney will represent you and fight to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your motorcycle accident.
Why Choose The Max Law Firm?
After a motorcycle accident in Denver, hiring a personal injury attorney is imperative. An experienced trial attorney at The Max Law firm who handles motorcycle injuries can help you obtain the full compensation you deserve for your injuries, damages, and losses.
An attorney at the Max Law firm will help:
- Level the playing field: Generally speaking, involving an attorney in any claim levels the playing field. This ensures that you are well represented during the negotiation process and your interests are safeguarded. The insurance companies hire their own attorneys and attend regular training to minimize the value of your claim. They have an overwhelming advantage if you decide to go it alone. An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to fight for the true value of your claim and push-back against the low-ball offers of insurance adjusters.
- Safeguard your rights: An attorney will take crucial steps to ensure that the substantive and procedural laws are followed thoroughly. Your Max Law Firm attorney will use the law to your advantage, and will prepare your case with well-documented evidence, appropriate medical treatment, and qualified experts to strengthen your case for settlement and trial. Your attorney will fight back against the tactics used by the insurance companies to limit or deny your compensation.
- Make an Informed decision: if you are going it alone, it can be difficult to make an informed decision about the value of your claim. Insurance law is complicated and confusing, and insurance companies are working against you to pay out as little as possible. This is why the help of an experienced personal injury attorney is vital to assist you in the evaluation of your claim and the offers from the insurance company.
The Max Law Firm has the knowledge and resources necessary to build a winning case to recover the compensation you deserve after your motorcycle injury accident. We have the trial firepower to force insurance companies to tender their best offers at settlement and mediation. If your case goes to trial, you will have an experienced trial attorney by your side to present your case powerfully and persuasively to a jury.
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident in Denver? Contact an Attorney
If you or your loved one sustained an injury from a motorcycle accident, it is imperative to consult an attorney immediately. An attorney can help leverage your rights and give you the best chance of winning the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation.