For a Free Consultation Call 720-699-8268

Can I still recover damages if I am partially at fault for the crash?

A driver who is partially at fault may be able to recover damages depending on their level of fault. Colorado is a comparative fault state which means drivers are liable to injured parties for their share of the fault.  If an injured driver was 30% at fault for causing a crash, but the other driver was 70% at fault, the injured driver may be entitled to recover compensation for 70% of their injuries, damages and losses from the driver who was more at fault. However, if an injured driver was 50% or more at fault, the driver will not be able to recover damages from the other driver who was at fault.

Areas Served

Serving Metropolitan Denver and Northern Colorado.

Our Office Location in Denver, CO
80 Garden Center, Suite 120
Broomfield, CO 80020
720-699-8269 (fax)